Birth Story:
At 2:00 am on Saturday, July 23, 2011 my water broke while I was sleeping. I woke up Jeremy and told him, and we quickly realized that this was the one night that our babysitters for Maeby couldn't do it, but with it being over a week before my due date we didn't think much of it. We called a couple people and were rescued by our friend Sara, who came over to watch Maeby. We got to the hospital at about 4:00 am. They checked and I was only dilated to a 1, so they had me walk around while they waited for some test results. I was in my room and admitted by 6.
Thus far, I hadn't had any contractions, but they nurses and doctors said it was okay and they'd watch it for a few hours. At about 10:30 I still hadn't really had any contractions and labor hadn't actually started so they started me on Pitocin. Around 1:00 they started me on IV pain meds which helped because I had finally started to have contractions. This is when they declared labor actually starting. At 3 I was dilated to 3 1/2 and I decided I was ready for an epidural which was put in promptly and with no problems . . . and I fell asleep. At about 4 my nurse came to put in a catheter since the epidural makes it impossible to walk. I said I felt like the baby was really low and pushing - the nurse went to check and was surprised to see the top of a head! She grabbed the doctor and after 1 push Georgianna JoAnne Jurgens was born at 4:15 pm. Yup, 3 hours and 15 minutes of labor, and only 1 push.
At birth she weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 18 inches long.

She found her fingers/thumb quickly and latched on within 15 minutes, with no problems.
The nurses waited until Maeby could come later that day for Georgie to have her first bath:
It was quite a day! Georgie is a very mild mannered little girl who sleeps a lot and is a good eater. She rarely cries, mostly just squeaks when she wants/needs something.
Maeby had a blast playing with our friend Sara who was relieved by our friend Shaleena who took Maeby swimming for a while and then went to play with her cousins in Salem and stayed with them for the first night. She is an excellent big sister and dotes on her baby sister.
For more pictures of Georgie click here.









3 comments:
Congrats!!! I'm glad everything worked out so well! Can't wait to see more pictures, she's a cutie ^_^
I am soooooo in love with these photos, EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!! love love love them. Congratulations again, everyone looks so happy. What a perfectly beautiful little girl, with such a peaceful entrance into the world.
Couldn't be prouder of all of you. Hope to meet her soon.
Post a Comment