This past May/June we were able to go to Utah and go camping in Colorado with Grandma Jurgens.
We set up shop in Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado. Maeby worked for, and earned, her FIRST Jr. Ranger Badge and was so proud. She can't wait to go to another National Park and earn another one.
Maeby was a big helper when it came time to set up the tent.
We hiked to see the ruins and some beautiful scenery
We hiked a lot! Georgie was a trooper in her pack and Maeby walked the whole way on every hike.
After Mesa Verde, Jeremy had to fly back to Texas for the start of summer term. The girls and I stayed in Utah to help Grandma finish celebrating her 60th birthday.
We played at the park.
ate Popsicles and did sidewalk chalk in the backyard.
Played at the City Creek Center Mall with Uncle David.
We spent a whole (albeit cold) day at Lagoon! It was both girls' first trip to the park and while it was too cold to go to the beach portion, we had lots of fun riding rides.
By the end of the day - both girls were conked out!
Maeby fell asleep before I could cook a hotdog for her and long before she cold finish getting undressed and into PJs
We also have a wonderful visit to Great Grandma Jurgens where we munched on yummy cheese & chocolate fondue and played with Maeby's favorite, penny-eating robot.
For ALL of our pictures from our adventures in Utah & Colorado this spring CLICK HERE
1 comment:
I have never heard of the Junior Ranger program - that's so cool. We'll have to make a point to visit a national park or two next summer when Max is old enough to get it.
Also, David looks so dang old. I don't think I've seen him in 10 years.
Post a Comment