The week started out with the traditional carving of pumpkins. Usually we carve pumpkins on the Monday before Halloween while watching something like the 1931 version of Dracula. However, this year we carved pumpkins while watching another iconic film, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Maeby wasn't too interested in the jack-o-lantern making, but she likes the bright lights of the TV and the cats enjoyed playing with the innards.
Later in the week we dressed Maeby in her costume & went to Heavenly Harvest, one of the many local farms here in Corvallis featuring activities such as rubber ducky races, pumpkin patch, hay rides, cider, hay maze, corn maze etc etc. It was a cute little place with lots of photo-ops.

I can't believe they made me lay in this corn! It keeps moving and they won't let me wiggle my way into being comforetable to go back to sleep!!!!

This "hay" is scratchy and I can't sit up very well....I bet I fall over and they laugh at me, like its cute or something...
See....I knew it!
I don't think this is commentary on how we look, although I am putting some weight on.
I JUST WANT TO GO HOME ALREADY...
How many of these cut out picture are there anyway???

This wasn't as uncomforetable as it looks....
I found a pumpkin that's just my size! But I'm not allowed to take it home because I already have one....but I waaaannnnt it!!!!!
Halloween itself rolled around and since Mommy and Daddy were too sick to go up to Salem and visit Uncle Chris & Aunt Sara for Maeby to go trick-or-treating with her cousins, Alec & Jayna, we followed another tradition in our family of watching scary movies all night.
All in all it was a fun 1st Halloween for Maeby.
All in all it was a fun 1st Halloween for Maeby.








2 comments:
Those were great pictures! I loved her little halloween beanie, very cute! Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween! Hope all keeps going well, take care!
What a feast of photo ops! Happy Harvest!
Post a Comment