A Weblog Chronicle

1/04/2009

holidays!

We're back. From our trip to Washington, that is. We spent two weeks with the family celebrating the holidays, which was quite an adventure for Maeby. She enjoyed copious amounts of hugs and kisses (and general adoring attention) from aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, and one great-grandparent. She also received a generous number of presents, including three (count 'em!) Winnie the Pooh's. She was, at the end of it all, rather ready to come home, though, and let out squeals of delight (yes, now she's squealing - and it's ear-piercing) when she saw her own room again.


Pictures:


Here's Maeby with her great-grandma, Jan.



Asleep in the car. She spent a *lot* of time in the car on this trip - which was consternating for her. She does not care for the car.



Making her first snow angel with Nana.



Her first snow-angel.



I love that snow suit.



For this, I just made a giant footprint and then set her down inside of it. She found it hilarious.



She's at that stage where she gets really excited over just about anything. Sometimes, we can't believe we made such a cute kid.



Here she is listening to "Santa Mouse" for the first time.



Napping with Nana and enjoying her new Pooh-bear.



Another Christmas gift. She really likes the noise the bird makes when you squeeze it - and how soft it feels on her face (and, let's be honest, in her mouth - where everything winds up nowadays.)



Maeby and her Papa after her blessing. Jenn found the dress on e-bay. I love that the pacifier completes the outfit in some way. We call it her "escargot" because it has a picture of a snail on it. She loves that thing.




Maeby, her mama, and her escargot.



Napping with grandpa. It's difficult to say who snored louder. We'll call it a toss-up, for now.



On a totally unrelated note, here we have Jenn's 87-year-old Grandma sledding down a rather steep hill (backwards.)






Her first sledding ride.




Here we go as a family. Don't worry - we only went for about five feet - down a slope about as steep as your average table-top. She was never, at any point, in any danger.



Snow-angeling (I'm positive that's not an actual verb - but I'm okay with that) with her cousin Katie.



I love messing with her hair.

Going on her first pony ride with her cousin Jazmine.

She's only proficient in the western style, for now. We're working on the English, but it might take some time.


Balancing on her grandpa's hand. She took to this much easier than her mama ever did.


Just happy to be out of her car seat for a while. Don't worry - we were parked.


Napping with mama.

2 comments:

JuddE said...

Those pictures were great, I love the snow suit ones, sooo funny! She has the cutest smile, I wish you guys did video so I can hear her laughing and squealing! The pigtail style is working pretty good for her, although I am still partial to the Conan O'Brian ; )

Sarah said...

Your daughter's adorable, but I couldn't stop laughing at the picture of Jen's grandma sledding backwards!
And I LOVE the snowsuit.

Contributors