That's my big girl - holding her own bottle.
Although, sometimes it's hard to keep it where it goes. She sucked on the side for about 10 seconds before she realized something was wrong.
Here we are reading the penultimate chapter of the Hobbit, the book I began reading to her while she was in utero. It makes me a little sad to come to the end, but excited to get to start something new with her soon. Do you think she's too young for Vonnegut?
Probably.
The other night, Jenn gave her a spatula to hold while we were cooking dinner. It has since become her new close friend, and she enjoys clutching it tightly and taking it everywhere. And, of course, sucking on it profusely.
The wooden spoon stopped working once she accidentally hit herself in the head. Also, it's not as pleasant to gum on.
She was sitting up for a moment. Unfortunately, the shutter went off two seconds too late.
Finally: meet Shirley the bear-blanket. Shirley is Maeby's new best friend and constant companion. Shirley goes everywhere: to bed, in the car, in the swing, on the playmat, in her bouncy seat, and etc. . . Shirley is fleece, pink, and has a ladybug on her side. Sometimes, we go into her room at night and Maeby will, literally, be holding Shirley's hand in her sleep.
It is the most adorable thing in the history of blankets. And bears.
3 comments:
Those are some interesting new friends she has...but her little bear/blankie is very cute, especially when she's smiling with it!
PLEASE stop letting her reach milestones! I won't even meet her until May but I already love her more than my own kids. Almost. Also, my favorite favorite thing is reading books I love to my kids at bedtime. Usually they hate them. We're almost done with Hans Brinker, and those brats don't even care who wins the silver skates. I could throw the book away now, at the most exciting part, and they wouldn't even ask about it. Thankfully they loved Wind in the Willows and the whole Little House series or I would disown them. We're not quite ready for The Hobbit, FYI. Maeby must be very advanced.
That's cute!
Post a Comment