A Weblog Chronicle

2/08/2010

beach + LOST premiere = Mindy was here

Last weekend Aunt Mindy came out for a visit; thus, we went to the beach (duh), and watched LOST. These are just the things we do.

It was rainy; however, Mae was just thrilled to "go ousside."

I love that shot.


I asked her what the waves say. She held up her arms and went "roar!"

She was very perplexed as to why she wasn't allowed to go play in the water. Normally, that's what we do at the beach. But we're not normally at the beach in 45 degree weather.







At Cape Lookout.


Next, for the LOST season premiere (don't ask me why I always capitalize all 4 letters - for some reason I think it looks better than putting the title in quotes), we all dressed up as fan club members of Driveshaft. If you don't know what that is, I'm not going to explain it to you.

The tape on Mae's shirt has a label that says, "Driveshaft Demo # 1: You All Everybody"
Get it? Inside nerd joke!


Here's the rest of our coterie. And yes - we all painted our fingernails black in honor of Charlie. Even me. It was . . . awkward teaching class the next day like that. I showed them my Driveshaft shirt and, not surprisingly, they all rolled their eyes at me.



No comments:

Contributors