While I was working on the computer today, I felt a tap on my arm, and then looked down to see a diaper sitting in my lap. Turning around, I spotted a bare bottom scurrying up on the couch, its owner shrieking in glee at her new-found sense of freedom.
At that point, I decided to take her upstairs and get her dressed for the day (she'd been sporting just the diaper since breakfast a few minutes before.) Once in her room, Mae began collecting her wardrobe for the day, insisting on certain pants, a certain shirt, and certain socks (which she promptly removed and threw into the bathroom.) However, not content to stop at the conventional combo, Mae also insisted on donning a swimsuit, a winter cap, and a plastic ring from one of her dishes for a necklace. Oh, and she also needed to put her swimming-towel on.

At that point, I decided to take her upstairs and get her dressed for the day (she'd been sporting just the diaper since breakfast a few minutes before.) Once in her room, Mae began collecting her wardrobe for the day, insisting on certain pants, a certain shirt, and certain socks (which she promptly removed and threw into the bathroom.) However, not content to stop at the conventional combo, Mae also insisted on donning a swimsuit, a winter cap, and a plastic ring from one of her dishes for a necklace. Oh, and she also needed to put her swimming-towel on.
Here's what happens when I allow my daughter to dress herself:
You really get the full effect with the hood up.
After a few minutes, most of the ensemble had been discarded, but the swimsuit and makeshift necklace remained for the duration of the afternoon.
Oh, and here she is last night after donning my sweater (yes - she put this on herself)
While this is not as good as being naked, she was still rather happy with herself.
3 comments:
gotta love the "do it myselfs" of the 1 year old....
Gosh this post of her is adorable! She is so full of personality- I loved the swimsuit the most!
so cute, eden does that same thing. girls are hilarious.
Post a Comment