I won't be coy about this: I don't care for "home videos." They just, as a medium for capturing memories, hold no appeal for me. Maybe it's because I don't like seeing my own visage or hearing my own voice (who does?), or maybe it's because I find them inconvenient and dated. Whatever it is - they're not my favorite thing; I prefer (adamantly) the grace and honesty (or is it dishonesty?) of still-photography.
In any case, I keep hearing, again and again, how we need to capture Maeby on video - and I've gone and done it. I still refuse to own a video camera - but I did happen to remember that our old Kodak (the one with the busted flash that I haven't even looked at since I upgraded to SLR) takes video, so I fished it out and hauled it upstairs and into the nursery while Maeby was going down for the night.
Right before I started shooting, she was engaged in her usual nightly bout of conversing with her bird mobile, but as soon as she saw the camera she went dead-silent and just stared at me, sucking her fingers in earnest contemplation. And then the battery on this ol' Kodak up and died. So, that's what you get for now. Later, when she's awake and the batteries are all charged, we'll post some more video. For now, though - you win, Aunt Ronda :)
2 comments:
Thanks for trying to do a video...I guess she's a little camera shy. I love the "you win Aunt Ronda", I've learned long ago myself that you just have to give in ; )Can't wait till you're successful in capturering her true enjoyment of the bird mobile!
Gee thanks Emily. I usually try not to advise people unless I have learned from my own previous experiences (mistakes). Anyway, I love the video, and I could just hear Maeby laughing at herself when she is about 10 years old. She
will think it was hysterical that all she did was stare at you. One thing for sure it shows how smart and aware she is of new things, and when you complain someday that she cried alot, she will have evidence to dispute it. Good job papa !! Keep up the good work (I do look forward to seeing her laugh and giggle)
Post a Comment