A Weblog Chronicle

2/23/2009

Maeby Had a Little Lamb!

Oregon State University does a lot of research on sheep. This time of year is when lambs are born and you can go to the lambing barn and experience the miracle of birth!

AND WE DID! WE DID TWICE!



Maeby's first sheep encounter. She squeeled with excitement.


This little guy is probably only a couple of days old and was so fun to watch run and skip and play with friends (there are currently over 200 babies there right now)


I SOOOOOO know how this ewe feels.....

Yup, that's a lamb in birthing process. No joke. On Monday when Grandma, Jayna, Maeby and I went a few had just been born when we got there. This was taken on Saturday when Jeremy and I went back with Maeby and three were born while we were there and we got to witness the whole bloody affair. It was actually pretty interesting - I'd say it brought back memories, but I was pretty drugged by this stage of labor :)

This is the lamb who was being birthed in the picture above less than 5 minutes after being born.


Same lamb, up and walking within about 15 minutes (not pictured - it's mothing in labor with it's twin)

Maeby loves the little lambs. She got really excited to see them.


No, she didn't get bit. She was just tired and hungry - and I realized that we have almost no pictures of her crying which may lead people to believe she never cries (HA!)


This lamb is only a couple of days old. So cute.

It was a fun, cool, free place to go and I think we'll go back there again :)

1 comment:

JuddE said...

Very cute! I was wondering why you had pictures of her crying...makes sense now! The title of the blog is also very cute ^_^

Contributors